How I can help you
I am an ideas guy. I love hearing about your business idea, and trying to figure out how to manifest that idea in the physical world, as a product or a service. I have some training in business accounting (though I'm neither a CPA nor a bookkeeper), designing programs and services, and developing an overall plan for your business's success. I'm a cheerleader — I always believe it can be done — but I also recognize that it's going to take skill, cleverness, and realistic expectations to achieve.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Manufacturing & Product Development
- Technology & IT Services
- Sales, Marketing & Public Relations
- Home or Personal Maintenance Services
- Arts, Entertainment & Recreation
- Technical & Scientific Services
- Professional & Business Services
- Nonprofit, Public and Professional Organizations
- Fencing Coach, Foil 1, US Fencing Association, Colorado Springs, CO — 2006
- Master of Arts of Liberal Studies (MALS), Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT — 2002
- Master of Theological Studies (MTS), Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, VA — 1996
- Bachelor of Arts, Trinity College, Hartford, CT — 1992
- High School Diploma, Kent School, Kent, CT — 1988
- Workshops in: sewing, tailoring, jewelry making, automata, graphic design, fontography and color theory, marketing and communications, robotics, computer programming, woodworking, bookbinding, weaving, spinning, dyeing, sewing, quilting, geometry, drawing, and philosophy.
District Director, Toastmasters International District 53, 2020-21 (currently serving)
- Responsible for managment and supervision of 50 volunteers and a budget of $50,000+, serving 125 clubs and 2500 members
District Program Quality Director, Toastmasters International District 53, 2019-2020
- Led team of 20 to manage, direct, organize and present annual conference, and training programs for 900+ club officers
DIstrict Club Growth Director, Toastmasters International District 53, 2018-2019
- Directed sales, community and corporate outreach teams of 25 members to present the Toastmasters program to corporate and community clients; ran a public relations program and advertising efforts.
SCORE Chapter Co-Chair, 2020- (currently serving)
- Lead a chapter of 47 members, directing teams dedicated to community outreach and sponorship, workshop development and presentation, volunteer recruitment-training & coordination, and client service through mentorship and coaching.